What do we look for in a project?
- Its contribution to corporate development in Asturias.
- A personal and economic commitment from the promoter team.
- Corporate capacity from the promoters or the support of a professional management team that is both responsible and committed to the corporate activity.
- The technical, commercial and financial viability of the project.
- A solid and trustworthy business plan.
- Real-estate and financial sectors excluded.
We currently work in line with four priority strains of investment
Projects of particular interest for the region are those considered to contain some aspects that set them apart from already existing and established projects, in terms of sector, location, employment, volume of investment, product, service, process, etc.
Projects undertaken by innovative, technology-based companies, i.e. those that implement corporate projects that are the result of scientific research and technological development.
Other types of innovative projects, i.e. those that have an important innovative component with regards to the region’s current business fabric.
How can the SRP help me?
On the one hand, SRP offers financial assistance via minority and temporary shareholding in the share capital of companies, or by conceding loans, preferably subordinated loans.
On the other hand, it offers support and guidance, a fundamental aspect in the first stages of the project. In this sense, the SRP has over 30 years of operational experience, and is backed by its participation in over 300 projects.
The promoter or entrepreneur will obtain:
- An agile and immediately effective method of alternative funding to develop the corporate project.
- An active partner that will get involved in the implementation of the company without interfering in everyday management.
- Easy access to other external sources of funding, since it is a provision of permanent funding resources that strengthen the corporate structure over the long-term.
- A contribution to the consolidation of the newly created corporate project.
The most outstanding features of the subordinated loans are:
- As well as the fixed interest rate, a variable interest rate is established linked to the evolution of the company activity.
- No commission on the opening, study, early redemption, etc.
- Enforceability is subordinated to any other credit or responsibility of the borrower, coming after common creditors in the order of credit precedence.
- They are considered as accounting equity for the purpose of capital reduction and winding up of companies under the commercial law.
When the loan is formalised, which will be overseen by a public notary, as a minimum the following aspects shall be undertaken:
- Annual audits to ensure the transparency and quality of the internal data.
- The periodical supply of information regarding the company activity.
The main characteristics that define participation in the share capital are:
Minority: SRP does not contribute more capital than the company owner in the development of its corporate project, and always under 50%.
Temporary: The length of time the SRP will be a company shareholder, is generally between 5 and 7 years, which is considered to be enough for the investment project to have consolidated its implementation stage.
When the aspects relating to its withdrawal are established, SRP and the promoters sign a purchase and sale commitment for the equity, establishing at this point the date of withdrawal, the price fixing form and the payment method.
Furthermore, when the participation is formalised, the following aspects, among others, are collected in the articles of association of the affiliate companies:
- The shares of SRP shall be preferential rate.
- A minimum representation of SRP in the Administrative Board.
- The establishment of enhanced majorities for specific decisions that affect the company viability.
- The undertaking of annual audits to ensure the transparency and quality of internal data.
- The periodical supply of information regarding company activity.
- First contact SRP shall examine whether the project complies with the basic required conditions. If it fits within the investment strategy of the company, the company should present a five-year business plan (link to download the Business Plan).
- Investment analysis SRP shall designate an investment analyst who will analyse the viability of the investment.
- Proposal to the Board Once this examination process is completed, the investment analyst shall develop a proposal to present to SRP Administrative Board, which will be the entity that approves or rejects the participation of the company in the project.
- Formalization If the administrative board approves the investment, it is formalised and SRP names, if applicable, representatives in the administrative board of the invested company.
If you have a project and need help in its implementation, or you want to expand your company and think that we can help you, fill out this form and we will get in touch with you: